Self-defense does not apply in the case of israel in relation to the Palestine Occupied Territories. ICJ (2004) (see image below)
"Under Int'l Law, Israel has the right to PROTECT itself, not to WAGE WAR (i.e., self-defense under art 51 UN Charter) against the people it has kept under belligerent occupation since'67. Gaza IS "occupied" given Israel's effective control, regardless of Hamas' existence."
(Francesca Albanese, UN Special Rapporteur on the Palestinian Territories)
Away from the laughable lies (to cover real failure) related to finding "proof" of hamas in a hospital. While searching for data about israel's terrorism (other than what we are already witnessing), I found this interesting article about the israel and Zionism about a period in the 1970s and 1980s when israel collaborated with the worst dictatorial regimes and taught their police "interrogation techniques, modern intelligence methods, psychological warfare and terror".
The author (Jan Nederveen-Pieterse, a professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara) points to an important fact: "Israel's military-industrial complex is linked, on the one hand, to US military-industrial complex and, on the other, to South Africa" (the well-known apartheid regime of the time)—a long article but an excellent historical overview of the past that sheds light on the present.
The pack of lies uttered by israeli officials to justify a genocide, confirmed and backed up in full complicity by USA and Canadian officials, and relayed obediently by Canadian media is a disgrace (not surprising, though). Here are a few words from the Jewish Network for Palestine: without justice, there will be no peace, only continuous bloodshed (for the benefit of a few thugs in suits).
This is the kind of genocidal project our politicians and liberal democracies self-proclaimed champions of humans rights are supporting.
"Do whatever you can with your government." the physician says, call for a Ceasefire Now if you are not one of those who support genocide by staying silent or by actively defending israeli genocidal apartheid system.
If you don't know much about the subject, that's not an excuse, educate yourself; the media is not trustworthy, so read human rights organizations' reports.
Thoughts are now subject to criminal punishment in israel: that is not a persecutional law; it is just democracy.
Know the long-term impact of the current bombing, and be aware of the impact of the israeli colonialist agenda and apartheid system on Palestinians' health in Gaza and the Westbank.
Dr. Anis Germani: a physician and researcher in health systems policy. the following is part of what he mentions:
- There is no way that israeli army can actively kill 2 million Palestinians in Gaza, so israel is resorting to destroying every infrastructure that was already there to achieve the killing; it's taking a page out of the colonial playbook. This is precisely what happened in the Americas... where people died from disease more than bullets.
- the WHO reported that more than 250,000 [Palestinians] between 2008 and 2022 applied to the Israeli authorities to go from Gaza to the West Bank to receive their treatments and come back. 40% of these applications were either denied or have their application delayed. A third of these applicants were kids who had cancer, and among the kids who were approved to go to receive their treatment 40% of them had their parents denied the right to take their kids to that hospital to receive that treatment.
- only 3% of Palestinians in Gaza reach the age 65
- life expectancy in Gaza and West Bank (both under israel's occupation and control) is 10 years lower than in israel. That's health apartheid
- the number of deaths will be much higher after the bombing stops
Gideon Levy (reporter in Haaretz israeli newspaper) shares his knowledge and insights into the system that Israel has developed.
"Self-defence" in the colonial genocidal way; israel's "self-defence "resulted in:
“The upsurge of settler terrorism in the West Bank has led to very high numbers of civilian casualties and Palestinian communities being forced out of their homes. The situation could get out of control and is causing unspeakable suffering to local communities.“ (Peter Stano, Lead Spokesperson for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, European Union)