Know the long-term impact of the current bombing, and be aware of the impact of the israeli colonialist agenda and apartheid system on Palestinians' health in Gaza and the Westbank.
Dr. Anis Germani: a physician and researcher in health systems policy. the following is part of what he mentions:
- There is no way that israeli army can actively kill 2 million Palestinians in Gaza, so israel is resorting to destroying every infrastructure that was already there to achieve the killing; it's taking a page out of the colonial playbook. This is precisely what happened in the Americas... where people died from disease more than bullets.
- the WHO reported that more than 250,000 [Palestinians] between 2008 and 2022 applied to the Israeli authorities to go from Gaza to the West Bank to receive their treatments and come back. 40% of these applications were either denied or have their application delayed. A third of these applicants were kids who had cancer, and among the kids who were approved to go to receive their treatment 40% of them had their parents denied the right to take their kids to that hospital to receive that treatment.
- only 3% of Palestinians in Gaza reach the age 65
- life expectancy in Gaza and West Bank (both under israel's occupation and control) is 10 years lower than in israel. That's health apartheid
- the number of deaths will be much higher after the bombing stops