This is the kind of genocidal project our politicians and liberal democracies self-proclaimed champions of humans rights are supporting.
"Do whatever you can with your government." the physician says, call for a Ceasefire Now if you are not one of those who support genocide by staying silent or by actively defending israeli genocidal apartheid system.
If you don't know much about the subject, that's not an excuse, educate yourself; the media is not trustworthy, so read human rights organizations' reports.
Thoughts are now subject to criminal punishment in israel: that is not a persecutional law; it is just democracy.
Know the long-term impact of the current bombing, and be aware of the impact of the israeli colonialist agenda and apartheid system on Palestinians' health in Gaza and the Westbank.
Dr. Anis Germani: a physician and researcher in health systems policy. the following is part of what he mentions:
- There is no way that israeli army can actively kill 2 million Palestinians in Gaza, so israel is resorting to destroying every infrastructure that was already there to achieve the killing; it's taking a page out of the colonial playbook. This is precisely what happened in the Americas... where people died from disease more than bullets.
- the WHO reported that more than 250,000 [Palestinians] between 2008 and 2022 applied to the Israeli authorities to go from Gaza to the West Bank to receive their treatments and come back. 40% of these applications were either denied or have their application delayed. A third of these applicants were kids who had cancer, and among the kids who were approved to go to receive their treatment 40% of them had their parents denied the right to take their kids to that hospital to receive that treatment.
- only 3% of Palestinians in Gaza reach the age 65
- life expectancy in Gaza and West Bank (both under israel's occupation and control) is 10 years lower than in israel. That's health apartheid
- the number of deaths will be much higher after the bombing stops
Gideon Levy (reporter in Haaretz israeli newspaper) shares his knowledge and insights into the system that Israel has developed.
"Self-defence" in the colonial genocidal way; israel's "self-defence "resulted in:
“The upsurge of settler terrorism in the West Bank has led to very high numbers of civilian casualties and Palestinian communities being forced out of their homes. The situation could get out of control and is causing unspeakable suffering to local communities.“ (Peter Stano, Lead Spokesperson for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, European Union)
"We are gradually moving from an open-air prison to an open-air mass grave," said Jean-François Corty, Medecins du Monde, speaking about Gaza (my translation from French).
The colonial mind, hypnotized by power, thinks that the oppressed will stop resisting subjugation if they terrorize them "enough." But they know nothing about human nature; the oppressed will resist their oppressors until they live in dignity.
Israel, in complicity with the USA, Canada, and most of Europe governments (colonial powers that have been long-time champions of human rights... violations), has killed 8005 human beings in Gaza, including 5404 Children and Women, so far.
Israel continues to slaughter and starve 2.2 million civilian Palestinians with a genocidal bombardment and blockade.
If you are OK with it, then all your words about human rights, black lives matter, indigenous rights, residential schools, and feeling scandalized by atrocities and genocide committed in the PAST are worth nothing because, in the PRESENT, you are just supporting the same. Most likely, if you had lived in the past, you would have supported (actively or by your silence) the same atrocities that you condemn verbally today (it is too easy to do so today).
Stand for human rights for all, call your members of parliament and your complicit government and ask them to support a ceasefire; demonstrate firmly and peacefully. Don't condone massacres.